Prices: £127.50 + VAT (member) / £255 + VAT (non-member)
In recent years, courts in both Scotland and England have been prepared to award damages to “disappointed beneficiaries” arising from actions brought by the latter for negligence in will making. A failure to identify these difficulties or traps may lead to actions against you in future.
This virtual classroom is designed to enable you to identify and reduce those risks, and will be suitable for practitioners of all levels.
After attending this virtual classroom, delegates will have an understanding of:
- the present state of the law in negligence in willmaking in both Scotland and England
- how to avoid claims being made
- how to identify and deal timeously with difficult cases
- time limits in executries
- how to manage “willmaking files” and appropriate record retention
- loose practice is not necessarily negligence – where does the borderline lie?
This event is sponsored by Title Research