VIEW LIVE from 1-2pm on Friday 25th November
£65 + VAT (member) / £130 + VAT (non-member)
The first few months of every traineeship are a steep learning curve. A good knowledge and understanding of the law is a given, and so what makes you as a young lawyer stand out from the crowd is your ability to master the business of law.
A key part of that, early on in a traineeship, is to be able to identify when a client matter should be fee'd and then to draft an effective fee note that captures all of the work you have done, and in a way that makes it more likely to be paid.
If like so many young solicitors you do not know where to start, this webinar is for you.
After viewing the webinar, delegates will:
- understand how to spot which client matters should be fee'd (either in full or on an interim basis)
- develop awareness of the importance of cash flow and profitability to their firm
- develop knowledge about the key elements of a well drafted fee note (including legal work and expenses)
- understand the common errors trainees make with fee notes
- develop knowledge about how to handle fee notes (and clients) in a way that makes it more likely the invoice will be settled quickly
During the webinar, the presenter will actually build a fee-note, guiding participants through each step.