Appearing at court can be a daunting prospect.
This course aims to take away the fear factor and equip you with the skills and practical knowhow required.
The following topics will be covered:
- preparing for a court appearance court room etiquette, ethics and professional standards
- client care and criminal quality assurance standards
- pleas in mitigation and basic trial advocacy, including examination in chief and cross examination
- advising in the police station
- the impact of the changes in the Criminal Justice (Scotland) Act 2016