Prices: £127.50 + VAT (member) / £255 + VAT (non-member)
The use of judicial review continues to grow in Scotland. Citizens are using public law as never before and public authorities have to be ever more aware that their decisions might be challenged.
In this topical virtual classroom, Scott Blair, advocate at Terra Firma Chambers will provide delegates with a greater understanding and insight into developments in judicial review. Both Chambers UK and the Legal 500 describe Scott as a leading counsel in public law matters, with Chambers describing him as having 'an impressive depth of experience'. Scott represents clients in a wide array of public and administrative law matters. He regularly appears in the Court of Session and the UK Supreme Court.
Highlights will include:
- judicial review in the world of Covid-19 - practice issues
- Covid-19 caselaw
- an overview of the current Rules and practice in bringing or defending a judicial review petition
- how to get permission from the Court to bring a petition and how to get it refused
- recent caselaw
- relevant developments in England and Wales
- the role of public interest intervention and protective expenses orders