Prices: £127.50 + VAT (member) / £255 + VAT (non-member)
What impact has the Succession (Scotland) Act 2016 had on practice?
In October 2018, the Scottish Government published its comments on responses which it had received to the Consultation on the Laws of Succession published in June 2015. The consultation itself was published in February 2019. The comments made by the Scottish Government indicate that they appear to have now formed their view as to certain changes to the Laws of Succession, including our laws of intestacy, legal rights and the position of cohabitants.
This course will deal with:
- what changes have been effected by the 2016 Act to our laws of succession
- how the provisions of the 2016 Act are affecting the drafting of Wills and Executry practice
- the implications of the October 2018 Government paper
- the consultation on the Law of Succession published by the Scottish Government in February 2019
- the matters which still require to be addressed by the Scottish Government in relation to our laws of succession.
This event is sponsored by Title Research